37. Next to Normal - is Gabe the villan of the show? Why or why not?
I don’t know if I would call him the villan exactly. I think that the inner demons that everyone is trying fight, hide and/or ignore are the real villans and the writers use Gabe as a sort of representative of all of those. But he only is kind of forcing the members of his family to face their demons it’s not that he did anything to them to make him a villan. So kind of yes and no…
2. Who is your favorite movie star that has crossed over to Broadway?
Um i’m not exactly sure if I have a favorite movie star that’s crossed to Broadway. I’m a much bigger fan of stars that have made it in tv and film but got their start on Broadway.
4. Ever been disappointed by a stage production after seeing the movie first?
Absolutely not. There have been plenty of movie musicals I’ve seen and absolutely love but usually i always like the stage production more. I love being able to see the whole thing and many movies take a lot of stuff out.
6. What show has the best costuming?
The Lion King. The design of the costumes and bringing all those animal characters to life in such a real way is breathtaking.
14. What attracted you to the world of theatre?
Um so many things. I’ve grown up in a very musical family and been singing all my life. I’m not sure exactly when it started to be honest I’ve just always remembered loving the theatre’s plays and musicals. I think its just the fact that I love when people are good live performers and that’s all that Broadway is. You have to be the best of the best and I love seeing that.
15. Patti LuPone or Bernadette Peters?
That’s such an impossible question haha. Right now I’d have to say Patti LuPone but i’ll probably change my mind before I finish answering the rest of these.
16. Would you dress up as a Broadway star for Halloween? If you have, who did you dress up as?
Um I’ve never really thought about it haha I don’t think I would though
18. Funniest stage production you’ve seen.
This is really random but I think one of the funniest I’ve seen is actually Pillow Talk. I love the plot overall and I just think it’s a really clever show
20. Replace a show on Broadway
Ugh I dunno which one I would replace. But I definitely bring back RENT or The Last 5 Years. I have a crazy obsession with both.
21. Favorite Musical Revival
Tough I love so many. Currently probably Porgy & Bess because I love love love Audra McDonald and it’s a brilliant show overall
22. Favorite long running show
top 5 lol 1. The Phantom of the Opera 2. Les Mis 3. RENT 4. The Wiz 5. Fiddler on the Roof
25. Favorite on stage pair
Kristin and Idina forever
26. “I Believe” - Spring Awakening or Book of Mormon
Depends on my mood honestly
29. Is there a cast recording you listen to straight through, no skipping?
I think The Last 5 Years os the only one I do that with
30. Who should Christine have been with - The Phantom or Raoul?
Tough. Its one of those situations where I like both the characters. It’s so much easier when its clear that she shouldn’t be with one. I think I say The Phantom though even though Raoul never did anything wrong haha
33. John Gallagher Jr. in Spring Awakening or American Idiot?
Spring Awakening. Love his character and the show in general more than American Idiot.
35. Which song from Wicked is more overexposed - Popular or Defying Gravity?
In my experience definitely Defying Gravity
36. Movie musicals that don’t use Broadway stars
Yes I think it’s really frustrating. I don’t see why they wouldn’t want to use Broadway performers in movies that are coming off Broadway. I’m glad that most of the recent movies that have been coming out are using Broadway performers like The Producers and RENT
“You have to love [acting] not just when you’re on Broadway. You have to love it while you’re waiting on tables, so you can live your dream. You have to love it because you’re fighting for it. You have to love the struggle of it, and that’s a hard thing to do. You have to love the time that it takes to get there or else you aren’t going to love it when you do get there.”—Rory O’Malley (via newyorkshows)